Monday, January 13, 2014

It suddenly occurred to me that I miss film. Those days of lomo and toy cameras that resulted in a tonne of blurred, underexposed, out-of-focus pictures. When I took "Don't think, just shoot" seriously -- well, maybe too seriously. Film has gotten a lot more expensive since then, and I've lost that reckless abandon that enables me to burn through it like processing costs were nothing. I've also lost the eye of that 20-something-year-old girl. Not that it was special or anything. It was just mine. A piece that has fallen away, like aged scab, except I'm not sure the new flesh is better. I do have a lot of discoloured (Xpro love), disorientating holiday snaps -- of Japan and Taiwan especially -- to remember those trigger-happy days by. For that, I am thankful. 






No comments: