Tuesday, May 14, 2019

I keep coming back here

I keep coming back here, so I suppose this will be where I go to die.

I miss blogging suddenly. To be precise, I miss the blogging era, the way we were all diarists and voyeurs in the same body, snooping around one another's innermost thoughts, trying to decipher strangers and make them a part of us.

I thought about a wipe-out. I love clean slates. But at this juncture, I realise that my past makes me who I am right now. The good and bad and incredibly stupid altogether in one package. Which is fine. I wasn't the only stupid one. More importantly, it's okay to be stupid if you learn something from it. New, hippie me (as K calls it) says so.

So there you go. All that and maybe this will be my last post for another two years. (I resist the urge to use an emoji here. How times have changed since the last time I was on this platform.)

Truly though, I am back to thinking I need to jot down my thoughts throughout the day. But I was and am not a pen-and-paper person, no matter how many Moleskine journals I buy. Writing on the Notes app on my phone leaves me empty and ill-disciplined in my writing because I know no one is reading it. Voilà! Reasons for blog revival!

Thought of yesterday: The current trend of personal essays vs. blogs as journaling platform. Discuss?

1 comment:

Euphemia Toong said...

Same same! I keep coming back to my links and see who else is also still writing.